Monday, August 23, 2010

My chocolate bread recipe calls for chocolate chips, I am out, can I use m & m's or cup up kisses? ?

They're all chocolate, but m %26amp; m's don't melt.My chocolate bread recipe calls for chocolate chips, I am out, can I use m %26amp; m's or cup up kisses? ?
use the kisses and yes give them a chop. You would do better with a dark chocolate candy....My chocolate bread recipe calls for chocolate chips, I am out, can I use m %26amp; m's or cup up kisses? ?
It depends on whether the recipe intends the chocolate chips to make the bread itself chocolatey (like brownies) or just to be melty but not blended in with the batter (like in choc. chip cookies). If the recipe also calls for cocoa powder, it's probably the latter. If it calls for the chips to be melted before being added to the batter, it's the former.





If the latter, you could use m%26amp;m's, which would give the bread some texture and color (but might look kind of tacky?). If not, definitely go with the kisses.
Kisses, deffinatly..





The M%26amp;M's get really hard and when you try to eat them...YOWCH





Hehe...





Good luck on the bread!





:)
It all chocolate but the color from the M %26amp; M's might bleed into the bread
use chocolate kisses
chocolate kisses, closest thing, and it'll be about the same
Use cut up kisses. They will work better than the m%26amp;m's.
yeah just cut up some kisses and that should work since choc. chips are like mini kisses
i'd think kisses would work if you grinded them up in a food processor.
you could use kisses.


i wouldn't use m and ms for bread...
Great idea...but it may be sweeter!
sure why not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment