Monday, August 23, 2010

I Have a recipe for a Sausage Breakfast Strata and it calls for 6 slices of firm bread? what does this mean?

I need to know if it means I need to let it get a little stale? or what do they mean by firm bread?I Have a recipe for a Sausage Breakfast Strata and it calls for 6 slices of firm bread? what does this mean?
it means a heavier bread than just the stuff you buy in a loaf for sandwiches. just about any of the artisan breads at your grocery store will work. sourdough, french bread loaf, etc. stale could work if you don't have anything else, but it won't be nearly as good.I Have a recipe for a Sausage Breakfast Strata and it calls for 6 slices of firm bread? what does this mean?
It doesn't have to be stale. It just means bread that won't fall apart, like a baguette.
use sourdough bread or any other heavy bread you might like.
Mean Thick Freshly Baked Bread That means You need to bake it from Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment