Monday, August 23, 2010

I need a recipe for banana bread without baking soda?

So I just got back from the store and I totally forgot to get baking soda. I have bananas, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, butter, milk, oil, flour, and vanilla. Is this sufficient for banana bread? I really don't want to go back out for just baking soda....I need a recipe for banana bread without baking soda?
Ingredients


3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed


1/3 cup melted butter


1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)


1 egg, beaten


1 teaspoon vanilla


Pinch of salt


1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour


Method





No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350掳F (175掳C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.I need a recipe for banana bread without baking soda?
Here's a recipe for banana yeast bread without baking soda http://www.squidoo.com/breadrecipes
Do you have jiffy mix? That's what I always use for banana bread. There might be a recipe using a pancake mix if you have any on hand?
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment