Monday, July 26, 2010

I need a good bread recipe for my 1 1/2 pound bread maker?

I like dense breadI need a good bread recipe for my 1 1/2 pound bread maker?
Here's my new favorite:





Cream Cheese Bread


Ingredients - 1 1/2 lb loaf





1/3 cup milk


1 cup cream cheese, diced


1/4 cup margarine


1 egg


3 tablespoons white sugar


1 teaspoon salt


3 cups bread flour


2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast








Directions


1 Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the White Bread and Light crust settings.








In case you don't like ths bread





Bread Machine tips:


In case a recipe does not state which pound loaf it makes, here's a general guideline:





2 to 2 1/4 C flour = 1 lb loaf


3 C flour = 1 1/2 lb loaf


4 C flour = 2 lb loaf





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








To make your own Bread Flour, add 1 TB wheat gluten to each 1 C of flour called for in the recipe.








However, the box of wheat gluten I purchased suggested only 4 ts of wheat gluten per loaf of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment